Training Showcase Committee
Training Showcase Information
- Click here for the main Training Showcase Page
TRAINING SHOWCASE CHAIR
Pat Carterette Georgia Public Library Service A Unit of the University System of Georgia 1800 Century Place, Suite 150 Atlanta, GA 30345-4304 Phone: 404-235-7124 Fax: 404-235-7201 Email: email@example.com
TRAINING SHOWCASE CO-CHAIR
Melissa Lattanzi Northeast Ohio Regional Library System 4445 Mahoning Ave. NW Warren, OH 44483 Phone: 330-847-7744 ext. 12 Fax: 330-847-7704 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In 2009, CLENE will be partnering with the LITA BIGWIG Interest Group to add a combination of online and live components to the Training Showcase.
This partnership is in the process of being negotiated (as of Jan 14) but we've discussed their involvement taking a number of different shapes. There are a variety of options which scale nicely depending on how much we (and they) want to bite off.
Peter suggested that he'd like to see some content from the training showcase being made available online to CLENE members who can't attend. This content could be hosted our wiki and could include any mixture of these elements:
- Simple webpage or wikipages (i.e. http://showcase.litablog.org/index.php/Casey_Bisson)
- Powerpoint/slideshare (no audio)
- Screencasts (powerpoint with audio) (i.e. www.yourbigwig.com/node/38)
- Podcasts (i.e. http://showcase.litablog.org/index.php/Tom_Peters)
- Recorded Videos (i.e. showcase.litablog.org/index.php/K.G._Schneider)
- Live Videos (i.e. http://www.yourbigwig.com/live)
- Live audios (short interviews with participants -- maybe a 10 questionsformat? These could also be archived as podcasts (i.e. www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/talkCast.jsp?masterId=20563&cmd=tc)
- Live chat (in meebo or other online chat environment--- we could do a series of interviews with participants and post the chat logs later) (i.e. http://showcase.litablog.org/index.php/BIGWIG_Meebo_Room)
- Tags for blogposts and photos to make content findable (i.e. http://showcase.litablog.org/index.php/Flickr_feed) (we ask everyone to tag photos/posts etc. with cleneTS09 -- or something short and sweet)
We're not going to do all of these things--just pick a few things from the menu for starters. It was also suggested that BIGWIG might staff a booth at the Training Showcase. This would give them the opportunity to discuss/explain how they've helped us integrate the new technologies, and also give them a platform for recruitment/awareness.
JAN 20 UPDATE
- Rachel Vacek, Bigwig VP/Prez Elect attended the Training Showcase meeting at Midwinter. She went back and reported to BIGWIG. They are now putting a group together to work with us on the Showcase. -PJB